News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Fracking Mill Creek Park"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, August 05, 2012, 10:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

The park would have to put signs up telling that the park has been fracked, otherwise nobody would know it is happening.

Irishbobcat

Yes sir.....FRACK THE PARK! Then only the tent city residents will want to use the park at all......and let's put a Sheetz's next to Lake Newport so they can use fresh fish for their

fish sandwiches!!!!! 

Oh the possibilities are endless!!!!!!

Youngstownshrimp

Exactly TT. Taking the position of business and applying it as with running the park other than fundraising, business in managing and profiting from vast minerals will be a windfall the likes of what Atty. Rodgers would never have dreamed of.

Towntalk

I don't know if this is what you want my friend, but some of the money could be used to expand the Morley site so that we could have our own version of the Blossom Music Festival featuring the Youngstown Symphony Orchestra and the YSU Symphony Orchestra ... NOTE TO THE UNINFORMED: Both orchestra's are just at home with popular music as they are classial, and it would be a vast improvement over the ear splitting trash that passes for music.

Youngstownshrimp

My company which currently have interest in 10 of the dozens of older "Clinton" wells surrounding Mill Creek Park will be addressing the status of these older wells in the upcoming weeks.  These (40acre unit) wells which surround the Mill Creek Park will most likely be the well drilling pads for the new horizontal units advancing towards Youngstown as can be seen on the PA border next to Coitsville. There are a few wells that are harvesting NG from Mill Creek park as we speak, they were slant drilled targeting the NG under Mill Creek.

What Mill Creek Park must NOW do is become proactive in what they have been sweeping under the carpet and benefit from their legal position.  Majority of Mill Creek is leased to the oil and gas companies, accept it and benefit from it without sacrificing the environment.  Most educated citizens realize that just becausse you own minerals does  not make you an oil and gas company.

Youngstownshrimp

Now that the Anti-Frackers have been exposed that they were stooges of Russia and OPEC, America is now soon to be energy independent and the Fracktivist are loving $2 gas and $3 natural gas.  I think I heard BG off the record mumble "frack more, frack, more, it's cold outside.  And I believe I saw my good friend Dennis at the gas station, wondering why no more gas would go into his tank since he could not understand why the pump showed only half the price he normally pays.  "Love ya Dennis!!!"

Mill Creek Park is one of the largest mineral owners in the Utica shale and the world.  It's minerals can be the vehicle to advance Mill Creek Park into the next century.  Think enormous funding for public projects. Remember Mill Creek Park is and has always been majority leased (minerals)

On this thread, let us have mature dialogue on how we can advance the Park utilizing it's minerals but not sacrificing the environment.  Mill Creek Park's position should now change and be honest about the whole matter.  Mill Creek Park should address proactively it's mineral position and be upfront with the public, discuss...............

Youngstownshrimp

Dennis,
Last friday at the Yellow Creek Theatre, I had a visitor from Jackson county in southern Ohio.  He works for DOE and has a 200 acre farm.  He told me that in the 70's a local energy company drilled a Utica vertical well and fracked it.  The well is still producing an enormous amount of gas.  Fracking is old technology, horizontal drilling is newer.
This being said, I have not made it a study to understand the chemicals of fracking.  I felt that I am uneducated on the subject and the world has an army of knowledgeable scientist to study this.  What I do know is that all smoking guns have been debunked.  I also know that newer tecniques are being invented such as using propane to frack down where it originally came from.  I'll leave you with this philosophy, when man feeds himself he leaves a footprint, when man heats himself he leaves a footprint, energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it only changes form.  All we can do is control the footprint and minimize it, or we die quickly.

irishbobcat

Ron, did all of this "old time" drilling involve the use of dumping toxic chemicals and fluids down the well
holes to get the gas and oil?

If the new drilling does allow for toxic chemicals and fluids to be flushed down the well holes, I do indeed continue to
have a problem with this.

Youngstownshrimp

It is amazing to me how uneducated us Americans have devolved here in Youngstown, Ohio.  Many times the Vindy would create concern that protestors and the public are up in arms about the drilling and fracking of Mill Creek Park.  Everytime this scare surfaces, the Occupiers and their ilk run and storm the Mill Creek board meetings quickly to grab the microphone and denounce energy harvesting and blathering nonsence about their unqualified and uneducated bloviating.
Here are the facts to educate the public as they drive around in their gasoline powered carbon monoxide machines.  Mill Creek Park has already leased majority of their acreage and has millions of dollars to show for it.  Mill Creek Park has over a hundred HBP (held by production) Clinton wells encircling the park, which most likely will be the drilling pads to continue to harvest the wet gas and oil underneath the park.  The new horizontal rigs need only six acres for their drilling pads and each older Clinton well units have forty acres each.  Most likely, the drilling will be on these older Clinton units and crawl underneath Mill Creek who already has leased many of its acreage years ago.  These older leases require no advance bonus payments, so Mill Creek gets zero, if they negotiate fairly with the energy companies, they may realize some monies but again, they have no clue.
Now, if you read the news last week on the Vindy and Business Journal, you will see that  Chesapeake has already recorded all the older Clinton well leases they purchased from the old independent Clinton well companies, you will see their developing companies come in next and start drilling underneath Mill Creek from the encircling Clinton well sites.........and there is nothing the Occupiers and Fractivist can do about it except pay less for their heat which is a result of America becoming the largest procducer of natural gas in the world because of.......................Fracking, America's new technology.