News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Postal Service Update

Started by Towntalk, December 06, 2011, 01:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

I wonder about services such as NETFLIX. Currently we can mail a movie back on Monday and have a new one on Wednesday. Mail it on Thursday and have one on Saturday.  Looks like we'll be cut to one new delivery per week. I think NETFLIX will lose a lot of customers.... It just won't be worth it anymore.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

The City of Youngstown will lose a lot of income tax when the post office closes.

Will the hobby of stamp collecting survive?   ;D

Towntalk

Pity the poor souls that still pay their bills by snale mail

USPS announced Monday plans to push back mail delivery.

First-class mail is normally delivered in one to three days; the proposal will push that back to two to three days.

A Republican-led House bill targets ending Saturday delivery and closing post offices. It also seeks to implement a post office financial control board.

A bipartisan Senate bill introduced last month calls for the return of $7 billion of prefunded retiree-health benefits to USPS to pay for debts. It also calls for two years of studies on ending Saturday mail delivery.

Corso said the announcement is a precursor to facility closings, which could cause Youngstown mail to travel to Pittsburgh and therefore could not be delivered in the standard one to three days.

Thank goodness that I receive all my bills via e-mail and I pay my bills via on-line banking.