News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Christmas Question

Started by Towntalk, December 03, 2011, 10:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Merry Christmas

PEACE
[/b]
ON
[/b]
EARTH
[/b]
GOOD WILL
[/b]
TO ALL
[/b]

Towntalk

Thanks for the suggestions. My best friend works at the Butler Institute of American Art and I'll have him find me the sweaters in their gift shop.

As to gifts for other family members, rather than sending Christmas Cards I produced DVD's of Christmas Songs and stories designing my own Christmas labels for both the DVD's and the cases that were specially personalized for each family. Each DVD has 12 hour play time so all they have to do is put it in their DVD player and forget it till its over.

cc4

For the sweaters, I would suggest going to one of the local craft sales where hand crafted knits are made.  I once bought my Godson a beautiful hooded sweater at a Polish festival; the unique aspect of it was a zipper that ran all the way up to the hood for easily getting him in and out of it.  He was one-year-old at the time,  but the woman knitted all sizes and colors to order.  There are a number of craft sales going on in Youngstown for the holiday season (this weekend at the Butler and McDonough specifically).  Perhaps some crafter would do the same for the larger sizes you need.

For the religious gift, there is JMJ Spiritual Connection (330-270-5269) on Canfield Road in Ytown (located very close to Meridian Road).  I'm pretty sure that if they didn't have the specific edition you were looking for in stock, they could order it.

You've got me on the Monopoly game although I recently saw a Youngstown version called Y's Investments.

Towntalk

I was looking over my Christmas gift list last night, and wish Jay or someone else can tellme where in Youngstown city proper I can purchase the following:

1. A sweater for a 6 year old boy
2. Same for a 5 year old girl
3. A Monopoly game
4. A religious gift (Protestant) for adults.

The sweaters have to be suitable for wearing to Sundy School and Church and preferably a solid color with no pictures or writing on them, as walking billbords are not appropiate where the family attends church.