News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Youngstown's Landbank"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, September 12, 2011, 07:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

No thanks, I believe now that Youngstown leadership is hopeless, I get better results with Lowellville, Campbell and Struthers.  My company's meeting tomorrow with the Mayor of Struthers will culminate into prosperity in Struthers while Youngstown continues to depopulate.

iwasthere

you should come to the next board meeting in january to educate everyone that has concerns in this fracking issue. you and jay macjecko can have a lively debate on this issue.

Youngstownshrimp

A lot of acreage within Mill Creek Park is already leased to independent oil companies and most likely the current leases will be sold or already have been for their deep rights and presto! the giant oil companies will have the rights to drill right under the park and yes frack their way through.  But our leaders are so education challenged, they will never have a clue what happens.  And the poor protesters, they need to get educated, they have no knowledge to understand what is happening.

iwasthere

as of dec. 19, 2011 the millcrk park directors had said, "no fracking for you".

Youngstownshrimp

I do not agree with Mill creek haveing wells on public property.  I do agree with horizontal drilling deep underneath the park.

iwasthere

the new millcrk park director is courting this idea for future revenues.

Youngstownshrimp

I'm surprised how many leases and wells Mill Creek Park has on Park land.

Towntalk

Where are the towns today where the oil industry got its start in the United States ... ie. Oil City and Titusville Pennsylvania?

iwasthere

one must move with caution on this oil rush for the valley.

Youngstownshrimp

I have to laugh, the new county landbank was formed to unite Youngstown, Struthers, Cambell, etc.  into one county landbank to be used for the common good.  Alas, ever since the discovery of massive oil in the Utica, Struthers is negotiating leasing and Youngstown is taking proposals to lease all the land it has been sitting on for decades.  Youngstown which owns the most property in the City as usual is so inept, entering into the oil business is against the rules of a City charter.  Mind you, I am not talking about park and facility grounds, I am talking about land that should be turned over to the people.  But of course when the Planning department is run by unqualified individuals like D'Avignon, we continue to go down the path of insolvency.  The new Mayor, I predict will move the inept out of the way.