News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Paramount progress report

Started by Towntalk, June 10, 2012, 10:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

I don't have notorized documents from the city.  But look at the phases more closely.  Phase I is, essentially, just the saved facade.  There is nothing that says the rear can't have multiple functions as both a parking lot, and gathering space.  As more money is raised, over time, its function as a parking lot diminishes, until we get the final product, as seen in phase III.

I'm not a skeptic.  This is just the path I understood the project was going to take.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Peggy, I can understand where the skeptics are coming from as witnessed by the old State theatre, but before I take their word for it, I need absolute concrete official documentation to support their assertion, given who is behind the Paramount Project as opposed to who was behind the State project. I must have official City of Youngstown documents dated no earlier than 1/1/2012 that are signed and notarized.

Peggy Gurney

hmmmm... I'm going to have to go ask about this.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

:'( :'( :'( :'(  Oh ye of little faith  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Do you know as an absolute and undeniable fact your assertion that can be backed up with current documentation that would be acceptable as evidence in a court of law? Please note that current = 2012 and not before.

northside lurker

I believe iwasthere is right.  It will be a parking lot for water dept. customers; that's how the city is able to justify the funds they are spending to demolish the rear portion of the building.  The fundraising is for raising the funds to beautify and add to the remaining building and lot.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Peggy Gurney

It's not going to be a parking lot, iwasthere.  Follow the link I posted above, and keep up.   :)
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Who said it would be a parking lot?

iwasthere

any other town in this country would had saved a bldg such as the paramount but ytown has the idea let the bldg rot from the inside to outside then rally the troops for support to build a parking lot.

Towntalk

Thanks much Peggy. I'll post the link at CinemaTreasures.

Peggy Gurney

I just asked Phil about this on FB, and here is his answer -

QuoteDemolition of everything but the facade should begin this summer. Fundraising for the development of the remainder of the project continues. You can keep up to date by following the project's FB page here: http://www.facebook.com/ParamountProject
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

That would make a swell venue for the summer film series provided it can become an accomplished fact. Please keep us posted since I've received requests for fresh info at CinemaTreasures.

Peggy Gurney

That's a good question TownTalk. I haven't heard anything about it in quite a while.
I shall ask on Facebook. That's where Phil spends most of his online time.

~ Normal is overrated ~

northside lurker

--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

After all the lofty chatter a while back, is there any progress report to be viewed, or has the group tossed in the towel on the old Paramount theater building?