News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Work On The PNC Building

Started by jay, September 21, 2011, 06:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

NOTICE: If this story isn't correct in every detail, blame Channels 27 and 33.

Bank Scaffolding Finally Removed

http://www.wkbn.com/content/news/local/story/Bank-Scaffolding-Finally-Removed/pYIfQTUNoEGSB-SLAY_LNA.cspx

Towntalk

Thanks Jay. Once I'm finished with the work on my eyes, I'm gonna have to take a good look at the building, and really appreciate your photos. Another surgery date is scheduled for October then hopefully I'll be good to go. The Doctor that is doing the surgery is great, as is his staff.

jay

The entry doors are to the left of the scaffolding.  Only glass panels are on the exterior above the doors.

Towntalk

The  >:( >:( >:( >:( were aimed at me for being so horrably wrong. My attention was on my doctor's appointment at the time, not the bank building ... remember I just had eye surgery last monday and I was more concerned about that than the building, or for that matter a utility cover.

By the way, banners celebrating the West Side woukl look great.

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on September 22, 2011, 09:17:43 PM
I guess I should have said "IS COMING DOWN" which is correct.   >:(

IS that not correct Westsider and Jay?  >:(

Is not most of it down?  >:(

By the way how do folks get into the bank with the doors blocked, OR AM I WRONG ON THAT POINT ALSO ???  >:(

??? I was just pointing out that they weren't done yet.  I assumed you didn't see the south side and thought it was all gone.  No need to get " >:("
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

I guess I should have said "IS COMING DOWN" which is correct.   >:(

IS that not correct Westsider and Jay?  >:(

Is not most of it down?  >:(

By the way how do folks get into the bank with the doors blocked, OR AM I WRONG ON THAT POINT ALSO ???  >:(

jay

Westsider is correct.

This photo was taken on Thursday, September 22.

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on September 21, 2011, 11:04:30 AM
As of 9:00 AM this morning, while on my way to a doctor appointment:

[
THE SCAFFOLDING IS DOWN
[/b]

Not all of it, unfortunately.  As of 5pm, there was still scaffolding on the south side of the building.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

As of 9:00 AM this morning, while on my way to a doctor appointment:

[
THE SCAFFOLDING IS DOWN
[/b]

jay

Work continues on the exterior of the PNC Building.  Maybe the scaffolding will be removed soon.