News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

IGA to close at Lincoln Knolls

Started by jay, January 07, 2005, 03:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlene Miller

Hi, I'm new here.... and hope I'm doing this right.  In response to kitten44505... I live in Campbell and DO support the Lincoln Knolls merchants. In fact, both my Mom and I worked at Hill's in years gone by.  As for the "Business Journal" report of a $10,000 grant for improvements by Henry Nemenz .. the IGA at Lincoln Knolls was owned/operated by Santisi.  Maybe Nemenz is taking it over since Santisi's closed.  

kitten44505

According to todays Business Journal, the city has awarded Nemenz Lincoln Knolls Market Inc. a $10,000 facade renovation loan. This obviously means that Henry Nemenz does not plan to close his store in the plaza as previously reported.

kitten44505

I no longer live on the East Side, but I could never understand why the folks in the Campbell-Lowellville-Coitsville area didn't give more support to the Lincoln Knolls Plaza, after all none of these towns has anything closely resembling a business center of their own.

I can understand why they wouldn't support the McGuffey Mall, but Lincoln Knolls is in their own back yard.

I wish that people living in those areas would come right out and say why they would rather drive miles to do their grocery shopping than deal with the stores in Lincoln Knolls. -- Honest Answers.

Sharonite

I think it's depressing that so many grocery stores are leaving Youngstown.  Over the line in Sharon, PA we lost our last grocery store (Thornton Hall Market) about a year ago, despite being the largest and most densely-populated city in Mercer County.  Is there any interest in another store coming to Lincoln Knolls?  I know that one of the topics brought up at the East Side Youngstown 2010 meeting was to bring more shopping opportunities there.

jay

The IGA Super Market in the Lincoln Knolls Plaza will close in the next few months.