News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

East High School

Started by Mary_Krupa, March 04, 2007, 10:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Well, according to a certain poster on the vindy boards, "East has some minor issues to fix, but all of the safety systems are up to code and the foundation isn't cracked. They've got permission to bring in furniture and will likely have their official occupancy permit next week."
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Youngstown's sixth ward councilman recently talked about the foundation cracks while he was a guest on the Louie Free radio program.  He gave the impression that the cracks were a serious problem.

Jaime Hughes

Hi All,

My partner Corey Maizel is a coach for the new East High School Football team. He said that the foundation is cracking because the laid it on a very very soft/wet ground. Also.... they had to rewire the building already and do many other "bandaids".

Ted

I was on the Vindy site today and it was noted that there are problems with the new East High School that will jeopordize its opening. Anyone hear or know something about this??

Mary_Krupa

We drove by today and the old building in completely gone. It was very dark and forbidding-looking but I'm sure it held lots of memories for those who passed through its doors.

The new building looks nice, and in contrast to the old, is very light in color.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."