News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Stops on McCartney/422

Started by Mary, February 18, 2007, 01:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky

You're absolutely right Mary.  The concentration should be heavier from 2 pm through 8 am and mostly inner-city, especially the South Side.  They know that the shootings, robberies, etc have been occurring on the South Side so why are they going all over the board?  Although it may be to have a "show of force" everywhere, how will criminals be stopped if they know that this is just smoke and mirrors?

Mary

Well as i posted earlier the state is patrolling 422 today. This is great but i hope they realize that today is flea market day. We have a lot of people coming in from PA and surrounding areas to go to the flea market. Will people stop coming because they are afraid of the traffic patrols? The people that go there also stop and eat and get gas and such. The outer limits of the city is not the problem. the inner is. 1pm is not a problem time, 1 am is. I am not afraid in my home during the day, its the night. I want to see 5 OSP in my area at 10 pm not 10am. The people that were out last night causing all the problems ARE IN BED! they are not out at 1 in the after noon.
Just another example of a good idea gone wrong in Youngstown.