News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Place Your Flag Out Today - July 4

Started by jay, July 04, 2016, 05:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

Need I say that my Flag flies every day?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

kenneyjoe330

It would be nice to display your flag EVERYDAY!

When I get off 680 onto Cooper - there are a few people that have their flags out.  It always gives me pause to remember how Bless we are in this country and that by flying our flag people acknowledge these Blessings.

We have a new priest at our church.  He and his wife are from "the Old Country" in Eastern Europe (I don't want to name it).  They have been here 5 years (his second assignment) and have one child born here in the states.  In his sermon he mentioned the prices there are pretty much the same as here.  He said most people have $50 a month for food and clothing (after liturgy I asked him how many days are in a month - he said thirty - I though for sure he got months and weeks confused - even after 5 years of being here).  Every one that has any land at all has a garden - ok gardens can be very plentiful and canning extends the usage of the harvest to spring.  But people in the city have it more difficult.  Meat is eaten usually once a week on Sunday.  Most people live on noodles and potatoes.  He said if you wanted a new pair of pants - you may have to save up a little of that $50 - which may take up to a year!   That is happing
today  ! ! !   I find it difficult to get my little pea picken heard around that $50 a month ! ! ! Are we Blessed or what ?  Fly the flag OFTEN !

jay

Monday, July 4

Display Your Flag Today