News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A Youngstown Vatra????

Started by jay, February 21, 2013, 09:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Quotewill the mcp allow a temporary overnite campground?

NO!

Towntalk

That's a question for West Side Mayor Jay to answer.  :)

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on February 22, 2013, 11:28:02 PM
If that's the case then hey, have it on the West Side right near Mill Creek Park.
will the mcp allow a temporary overnite campground?

Towntalk

If that's the case then hey, have it on the West Side right near Mill Creek Park.

iwasthere

this ethnic grp is big in the lansingville area and the westside that is my understanding. j might have an answer because he is the unofficial ws mayor. in his data base on his computer he has all the birth records of who's who on the ws. the ytown ss i do not know who has the records on everyone ethic linage.

Why?Town

Billy Mumphrey

I understand when this event was held in Burton they allowed overnight tent camping as the bonfire roared all night. Will they be able to continue this tradition if it moves to Youngstown?

Towntalk

:)  I agree iwasthere ... I could have suggested that the event be held at a combo of Wick Park and Stambaugh Auditorium,, but I refrained from doing so since it's not up to us to decide where the event should be held, but that of the committee, and we don't even know who is on the committee as yet, or when it would be held.  :)

By the way, on which side of town is the largest Carpatho-Rusyn population?

iwasthere

i like all ytown  sides. if, i was on the committee i would abstain to avoid any hurt feelings from my fam and frds on all sides of ytown.

jay

I'm just making suggestions.  The west side has several picnic groves with pavilions for outdoor events.  If this is an inside event, there are many nice halls to rent on the west side.

The sponsoring organization will ultimately make the final choice on a location that meets their needs.

Towntalk

Jay: Does everything have to center in the West Side? The Lansingville Area is the logical area that should be considered.

jay

Vatra is associated with the Carpatho-Rusyn society.  In past years, the nearest Vatra was held in Burton, Ohio.

I know of some locations on the west side where this event could be held.

iwasthere

its a eastern european fall festival.

Towntalk