News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Phelps and Rayen

Started by Mary, July 12, 2009, 03:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary

In the last 5 days I have personally seen 2 accidents at this intersection. There are currently orange barrels all over Rayen do to the new business school. The way the barrels are set up is confusing and causes many blind spots. Both accidents I saw were NOT children or even "young" people. Both were in the 30's and/or 40's. I think someone needs to look at the set up and see if there is a better set up.
Second problem. After calling 911 the person said "yes we have someone on the way". It was a motorcycle versus car (car seemed at fault). It took over 5 minutes for a cop to show up. The first one there was a YSU cop that should have been there in less then a 1 minute because he was sitting a block away ON HIS CELL PHONE.  Then YPD shows up and starts doing traffic control. Then the tow truck shows up before the ambulance. We I could have walked to the police station in less them then it took them to show up. The ambulance response time was just ridiculous also. The man could have died before they got there. Also none of the police officers that showed up at any time even bothered to really look at the person on the ground before the . That really bothered me that not one of those cops who are all trained in first aid even tried to talk to the person. That's just wrong. They are first responders. They should have at least attempted to keep the person calm (they were not calm they were trashing about).
Response time for all services in the city are just going to continue to get worse!