News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Pizza Shop Delivery Car Gets Parking Ticket....... Again

Started by jay, July 10, 2009, 03:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

why is this still a problem with this pizza business owner? this problem should have been settled when it first began and it is five years later. there is no excuse for this harassment of this business owner. he has been their since the federal street was reopen. jrs quit playing nice guy in the city hall start showing your......... and whose the boss as the main man of the off street parking committee with sasho and williams.

john r. swierz

As chairman of city councils Off Street parking committee I am able to address issues such as this. Mrs Gillam and I have discussed this issue before. Let me make it clear that I came in at the tail end of this. Mayor Williams and Mr. Shasho had already had discussions on the subject.

iwasthere

jrs this has been on going issue with this pizza shop since it first day of business. this is not your ward. you should let annie gilliam do her job. she is earning $28,000 plus benefits, let her earn her keep. ??? this is a no brainier for sasho but then again he thinks the downtown is in perfect shape too. good luck jrs. :laugh:

jay

JRS,

Thanks for helping even thought the downtown is not in your ward.   Also, see if something could be done about the 100+ parking tickets that have been issued.

J.

john r. swierz

I have discussed this issue with Mr. Charles Shasho and I am confident that a satisfactory solution
        will be worked out, to everyones satisfaction.

jay

This is the newspaper headline from 2004.

Why does this business owner continue to receive parking tickets?

iwasthere

if you want answers to your parking questions find out when jay williams is on the dan river's talk show. williams does an answer and question period on river's program once a month, call then to find out about the parking questions.

Rick Rowlands

If AMPCO were truly greedy they might put in new coin boxes so that people could actually pay for parking.  I refuse to bother with them anymore, the slots are rusted up, or have coins jammed in them or the boxes are full of money and won't accept any more.   

Towntalk

That explains it ... these people are ripping off people with the blessings of the city and City Council is doing nothing to reign them in.

Mary

If it is still as it was Ampco Parking tickets cars downtown.

Towntalk

Question 1: How many other businesses are having the same problem?

Question 2: How much money is the downtown parking enforcement person getting for harassing businesses?

Question 3: Do these people work for the city or a private company?

iwasthere

jay the city is broke financially, the adminstation will find ways to fatten their coffers

jay

The pizza delivery car was ticketed again today.

Can't city council help this businessman?
Any answers JRS?

jay

I thought this problem had been resolved years ago.

Today I witnessed a downtown parking enforcement person issue a parking ticket to the delivery car for Tomasino's Pizza Shop on West Federal Street.  The car was parked in the first parking space in front of the pizza shop.  It is my understanding from past newspaper stories that the pizza shop was given one parking space for deliveries.  This is not the first time that city parking enforcement has given a ticket to the delivery car.

How are businesses expected to stay in downtown Youngstown when they keep running into problems such as this?