News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Why Are These Pipes There?

Started by jay, November 18, 2019, 05:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

The pipes have now been removed.

Why?Town

And not exactly related to the other topic I replied to but I'll call it

GOOD NEWS 3

jay

The two pipes on the Marshall Street bridge sidewalk have been disconnected.  The project is over except for the removal of the pipes.

jay

This is what I just learned

Some type of sewage pipe going under the Mahoning River sprung a leak and couldn't be easily repaired.  The sewage had to be pumped through the two pipes to a larger pipe near the amphitheater on the other side of the river.  The city plans to bore a hole under the river to install a new sewage line.

northside lurker

These pipes were laying on the sidewalk?  There might be steam lines (or some other utility) running under the bridge, and these were there, in preparation to replace the existing lines.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

A few weeks ago I noticed two large black pipes on the south sidewalk of the Marshall Street Bridge.  The pipes extend from one side of the Mahoning River to the other side of the river.

What is the purpose of these pipes?