News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New fuel source for cars

Started by Towntalk, May 26, 2009, 01:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

I can agree with that but as I have said I'm just an old Sergeant, I leave this to those who know more than I. But I don't like being force fed the way this administration is doing. Everything has to be done and done now.

And thats just not right.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Why?Town

They claim that to "make cars whose energy source is pulled literally out of thin air".

Actually they are using an engine that pollutes to compress air to run their engine that doesn't pollute.

I don't have a problem with finding and perfecting new ways of getting things done but I do have a problem with someone distorting the facts to support their pipe dreams.

sfc_oliver

Heading to the moon was BS in 1962. But American Scientists figured it out. Who knows what could become of any of this with some time to work with it. Instead of Air and solar,  make it work. NOW!!!!!

Take the time and do it right is all I am saying.

Why?Town

From the article:

"...a tailpipe that emits nothing but air at low enough speeds"

When coasting at any speed, with the engine off, my truck emits NOTHING from the tailpipe.

" 'Air compressors are one of the least efficient machines to convert electricity to work,' said Harold Kung, professor of chemical and biological engineering at Northwestern University. 'Why not use the electricity directly, as in electric cars? From an energy utilization point of view, the compressed (air) car does not make sense.' "

I have known this fact since 10th or 11th grade.

"At faster speeds, a small conventionally fueled engine kicks in"

"It's similar to the internal-combustion engines in conventional cars—the main difference is the fuel."

Anyone want to guess what the difference is between a conventionally fueled engine and the engine in my truck?  NOTHING!

This article is so full of BS it's not even funny.

sfc_oliver

This is a prime example of why Scientists and not politicians should be determining what, when, where, why, and how.