News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Only 20% Of College Graduates Have Jobs

Started by jay, May 24, 2009, 09:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Mary's story is another example why we need single-payer health care in America.

No Co-pay, no deductable, no premiums, and no one denied coverage.

Dennis Spisak
Mahoning Valley Green Party
Ohio Green Party

www.ohiogreens.orrg
www.votespisak.org/thinkgreen/

Mary

Both of us have graduated in the last 2 years. My fiance can not find a full time job. He has applied for hundreds of jobs, in the area and out. He is currently a bank teller part time. How are we supposed to pay off our loans with that kind of a job? I have a decent job but because he doesn't we still live very poor. and we were lucky because we got out of college without credit card bills. However because of a lack of health insurance and a major illness not only does he have student loans but now also has $1000 of medical bills. Thats after the state sponsored help with the hospital bill. I hear people say we expect to much right out of college. But really is a a job that allows us to repay our loans and gives us health insurance to much? He doesn't want $50,000 a year heck he would be happy with $20,000. right now he is on track to make $12,000 this year. He made $10,000 last year(he graduated in August but worked all year).

jay

Two More Problems For Unemployed College Graduates

For those who needed a loan for college, loan payments are now due.

If you didn't get a good job with benefits, your parent's health insurance will drop you once you graduate.

jay

Only about 20% of the college graduates for 2009 have career jobs upon graduation.