News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Jobs

Started by Towntalk, March 01, 2009, 10:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

Quote from: irishbobcat on March 01, 2009, 09:17:14 PM
Solar power would work far better in this part of the state than wind power......

Dennis Spisak

According to National Climatic Data Center , Youngstown averages 63 sunny days a year, 97 partly cloudy and 205 cloudy days each year.

Towntalk

Rusty:

My last comments were not aimed at you but at Dennis.

"Solar power would work far better in this part of the state than wind power......"

The whole point that I was making was that we need good manufacturing jobs to help reduce our 11% unemployment rate and if building wind turbans would help do that great.

I also agree with you that the present administration is doing a bang up job but it must do more by way of bringing jobs here to the city.

As to Turning Point ... My point at mentioning them was to cite the fact that their sales go internationally an are not just limited to the valley. No company could survive if it limited its product line to the area its located in.

Would V&M Steel last long if it limited its sales to the valley? Of course not.

We all know that the city is hurting for money, and unless we can attract new industry here its going to get worse.

Smaller cities than ours are attracting new industries, and yes Dennis many of them are Green jobs, so why are we so far behind?

When a town of about 9000 can attract not one but two companies to their area, Youngstown should do a whole lot better.

Towntalk

What ever!

The point is as you well know, our local leaders are well behind the curve when it comes to creative thinking when it comes to bringing jobs to Youngstown.

In Eastern Pennsylvania a new business started up that already employees 300 people building wind turbans in a former U.S. Steel building.

Who said that we would have to build only those things that would be used here?

Turning Point sells its products world wide and is doing fine.

If we wait for our Congress persons to do something for us we might just as well close down all the communities in the valley and move to Dogpatch or Haller'n Hollow.

irishbobcat

Solar power would work far better in this part of the state than wind power......

Dennis Spisak

Towntalk

Why can't our city officials open their eyes to the possibilities shown in this article?

Wind-power industry seeks trained workforce

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-wind-bootcamp1-2009mar01,0,2934417,full.story

They were quick to come up with money for blimp factories, aircraft plants, a couple of breweries, all of which never happened, yet they don't seem to want to look into this, and we ask why.