News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Historic Preservation

Started by kitten44505, May 06, 2005, 08:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten44505

There are several buildings that should be preserved, among them the Republic Rubber Co. Club House on Albert Street. The big question is just how high are you willing to see your tax bill go in order to save these buildings?

I don't know about anyone else here, but I do not have deep pockets, and there is no one out there who does, yet we expect the government to shell out the money to preserve the old buildings.

Where does the government get it's money from?

Out of my back pocket and yours. Money that you and I need just to survive.

Who is kidding who, there is not one single building in Youngstown so valuable that we should be expected to shell out our hard earned money to save.

If the private sector isn't interested in spending it's money on these buildings, why should we the tax payers.

When you have to choose between food on the table, and health care, and a run down building such as the Paramount, only a complete fool would choose the building over food and health care.

When I see some of these folks that swoon over old buildings put their personal bankroll where their mouths are, then I will shut up, but so long as food prices, health care, and energy costs leave me with precious little left, I will keep harping against preservation of buildings that are not worth saving.