News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Hagan Missing Train

Started by irishbobcat, March 10, 2008, 09:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

It is my hope those people who can vote for us and support our platform will inform other voters in this 60th district about our campaign site and the voters will have a choice in November.

I will agree that my posting in the third person is probably not appropriate since this is a discussion blog, but as a candidate for state representative I believe we need to have discussions on what other parts of the state are doing in regards to renewable energies and what we are not doing.

I have lived in this valley most of my life and I hear the monthly cry that the Mahoning Valley always gets left behind. We get left behind because we continue to vote for the same Democratic leaders who now just play musicial chairs with their seats in Columbus when their term limits are up.

First, The Apollo Energy Alliance study that Governor Strickland is a part of did conclude that Mahoning County could be one of the top 20 counties in the state in terms of income and jobs by investing in renewable energy. Yet Representative Hagan remains silent on the issue. Solar Companies are coming to Toledo and Cleveland, why not Youngstown? Did Toledo, Cleveland, and Youngstown all have steel mills at one time? So why can't we have a state representative spend more time trying to lure such factories and companies to the 60th district? Then Mr. Hagan wouldn't have to spend so much time trying to pass legistlation outlawing fast check establishments. Bring good jobs to the valley and people won't have to hit the loan shark places.

Why do we need to invest in renewable energy? Look at the reports this week.Prices at the gas pump hit new heights Tuesday, with government forecasters warning they could top $4 a gallon in some markets this year.

Consumers' other energy costs — electricity, natural gas and home heating oil — are likewise expected to reach or approach record levels in 2008, the U.S. Energy Information Administration reported Tuesday.

Consumers aren't going to be any happier about their air conditioning and home heating bills. The Energy Information Administration expects residential costs for electricity, natural gas and home heating oil to reach highs this year.

How high those bills actually rise will depend largely on the weather.

These are issues we should be debating when we start talking about sending a state representative to Columbus. Bob Hagan is a not the progressive liberal he claims to be. Bob Hagan is a party insider who takes massive campaign donations from lobbyists and PACS. There is no difference between Bob Hagan and a Republican.

Sincerely,

Dennis Spisak
Independent Green Party candidate for State Representative-60th District

campaign site: http://votespisak.com

ytowner

Get a Blog.
Become a VIABLE Candidate.
There are about 100 people who read this board and your posts; but only so many can even vote for you...

irishbobcat

Solar Companies coming to Toledo and Cleveland. Why not Youngstown?

Press Release- March 10, 2008

Campaign Site: Http://votespisak.tripod.com

Independent Green Party Candidate for State Representative for the 60th District Dennis Spisak again criticized current State Representative Bob Hagan for not being in the forefront to bringing renewable energy companies and manufacturers to the Youngstown area. Spisak cited a news release from Green Energy Ohio, a statewide not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting renewable energy in Ohio.

"Green Energy Ohio has reported that based largely on it's world-class glass manufacturing capabilities, Ohio now has a proven core competency in the development and manufacturing of photovoltaic technology. Ohio is the birthplace of First Solar, which produces more solar panels than any of the 31solar manufacturing plants in the United States in 2006."said Spisak.

Other solar companies are starting up in Northwest Ohio and the German based IBC Solar recently named Cleveland it's North American Headquarters. Governor Strickland has also indicated the state is discussing Ohio investment by the largest Spanish Solar firm, Isofoton.

"Once again we see the rest of the state of Ohio beginning to benefit from solar and alternative energy manufacturing and Youngstown is left way behind because we have a current State Representative in Bob Hagan who will not invest the time or energy to bring such companies to the 60th district." said Spisak. "We have the land to build such factories, the work force to man such factories, a university that could help the valley become an alternative energy manufacturing giant just like the steel mills in the 40's through 70's, but we have a current state representative who is missing the train when it comes to bringing 21st century jobs to the Valley."

Spisak concluded, " Bob Hagan has had no plan for economic recovery for the past 20 years and continues to have no current plan. While the rest of Ohio is moving into the 21st century, Bob Hagan remains clueless about job development in the valley. It's time we elect a state representative like myself who will go to Columbus to help bring alternative energy jobs back to the valley."