News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Strange

Started by Towntalk, February 21, 2008, 11:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Don't even think of that Oldmill, we'd miss you. Unfortunately though, Ron Paul has little chance of winning Ohio.

But there is some degree of hope for the General Election. Two Independents are exploring a possible run ... Michael Bloomburg and Lou Dobbs.

Bloomburg is extremely rich and can afford to fund a run, and Lou Dobbs has a huge following.

Oldmill

We have a choice "RON PAUL"   It makes no difference to me if he makes the republican nomination or not ! If he is not on the November ballot , I will not waste my time again to cast a vote for the lesser or 2 - 3 - 4 or more evils . I'm ready to move to outer Mongolia

Towntalk

What alternative do we have ... there are only three candidates in the Primaries ... Obama ... Clinton ... McCain?

We can rale about issues till the cows come home, but as it stands we know for an absolute certainty that in November our only choice will be a big spending Democrat, or a Republican who is hip deep into coziness with lobbyists.

The simple fact that third party candidates don't stand a chance of winning in November and even less of a chance of winning in the Electoral College.

Certainly McCain is the least of three evils, but as one who has almost 50 years of voting under my belt, I've yet to see one Presidency that truely met my entire wish list.

ytowner

These are issues you don't need to worry about. Just worry about how bad this country will fall into the pits of Obama or Hillary runs it. Social Programs out of the ass. You think Bush spent a lot, wait to you see these nuts!

Towntalk

Tonight I noticed something strange while watching CNN. On a couple of occasions just as CNN started running an ad for Clinton, my cable company cut in and ran an ad for Obama.

Now it's not at all unusual for the local cable companies to cut away from the networks to do this and you can usually tell when it happens because there is a clear change in the quality of both the picture and sound (its usually lower in volume), and I think nothing of it, but to cut away from one political ad to run their opponents ad is strange indeed.

Now I realize that the networks and the cable companies can't possably coordinate their ads so that things like this don't happen so I'll not make a big deal of it, but must point out that my cable company so far has not run any Clinton ads.

All the candidates realize that in order to reach people that they must run ads on the cable systems since most homes have cable, and few if any rely on old over the air viewing (outdoor rooftop antennas).

Since I don't have satellite, I can't speak for Satellite TV services.

Has anyone else noticed this?