News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Clinton

Started by Towntalk, February 20, 2008, 02:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I wasn't aware of the fact that the cable news networks cut into Clinton's speech to show Obama's speech in full until after the fact since I watched channel 21, but I must say that at least on CNN there was a discussion about it (after the fact) since normal procedure is for the losing candidate to speak first, and then the winner, so who do you blame, the talking heads or the producers?

As with other issues swirling around, you can bet that this will be tossed into the mix. If the Obama rally was "breaking news" that would have been one thing, but it wasn't and the networks could have taped it for later showing after Clinton's talk at Chaney since they knew that she was waiting until a winner had been dclaired before she started her speech.

Towntalk

This article answers a lot of the questions that I had about both the Clinton and Obama rallies.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2008/feb/20/politicos-do-well-at-sites-in-the-mahoning-valley/?print

Towntalk

Hillary drew a crowd of about 2100 at Chaney last night, but failed to tell the crowd that she suffered a defeat in Wisconsin which is quite understandable because as it stands, in order to win the nod she will have to win in both Ohio and Texas by 65% or better, and borrowing a miracle, this is a near imposable task for her according to the CNN experts.

It's also been suggested that we here in the Mahoning Valley leading up to the Ohio Primaries will see a great deal of attention given to us by both the Clinton and Obama camp since the Youngstown and Cleveland areas are must not only carry, but carry with large numbers if she is to win Ohio.

The good news is that right now Youngstown is being looked at as a power player in the election and the talking heads aren't bashing us like they usually do with negative reporting.

As it stands at this point, if Obama can pull off here what he pulled off in Wisconsin, and I say "if", this will be one of the most exciting primaries in Youngstown's history. Let's hope that our city dads take good advantage of the situation that we find ourselves in to help our city rather than hurt it.