News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Spisak Endorsement

Started by irishbobcat, February 19, 2008, 11:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Liberalism does not mean total control of the government. As a Board of Education member in Struthers, I have been very conservative in the way I spend taxpayer funds in order to get our district out of financial debt and out of state fiscal control within 2 years. Our school system is currently operating in the black and has  a five year forecast that says we will remain in the black. I do not overspend property taxes placed on my citizens.

Our operating levy we placed before the voters that was passed was a 5 year levy...not a continous one. We told the voters to pass the five year levy and if they like how we spent the money, they could renew it. if they did not, they could defeat it in 5 years.
That's how democracy should work.

I do believe liberalism is the lifeblood of democracy- it's the poor, working, and middle class of America trying to take American Democracy back from the corporate fedual lords who are working so hard to smother it.

Our founding fathers did not fight the British in 1776 to bring about a new corportate aristocracy in the 21st century.

I believe that our taxing and spending prioprities should reflect our true needs for the valley. Creating new jobs for the poor, working, and middle class. I am against current representatives, courts, governors, and a President who answer to corporate special interest groups such as lobbyists and PACS and not the people.

Dennis Spisak-Independent Green Party Candidate for State Representative-60th District

campaign site: HTTP://votespisak.tripod.com

ytowner

Pass. Hagan is very liberal. This guy is even further on the left. He wants gov't control of everything. I won't vote for this guy.

Towntalk

Dennis, I hope that the folks on this board throw their support behind your efforts. We might not agree on all of your platform, but there are those planks that we can and do support, and I'm sure that you will give it your best efforts.

As you know, the news media has constantly done all that they can do to support Clinton, but who is winning? Obama.

Do us and yourself a huge favor, and use local talk radio to get your message out to the wider audience, especially Mangino, Rivers and Verb, the three most listened to local talk jocks in the valley. Don't just ask for time ... call in and keep calling in until you have gotten your whole platform out.

Good luck and best wishes.

irishbobcat

GREEN PARTY OF OHIO ENDORSES DENNIS SPISAK

The coordinating committee of the Green Party of Ohio has endorsed
Mahoning Valley Green Dennis Spisak in his run for the District 60
Ohio Representative seat. Dennis currently serves on the Struthers
City School Board and expects to run a strong campaign based on
Green values. District 60 is one of many Ohio districts that has
been decimated by manufacturing job losses caused by the free trade
policies of the Republicans and Democrats.

In recognizing this reality Spisak said, "A one-day summit entitled
Advancing the New Energy Economy was recently held in San Francisco.
The attendees discussed ways to advance long-term investment, job
creation, and financial growth within the green technology industry
with a focus on engaging low-income communities. One of the critical
issues to come out of the summit is the shortage of green laborers
who have the skills to retrofit buildings, build new green
construction, install solar panels and build wind farms. This news
has a number of implications for green careers of all kinds," said
Spisak. "This is the type of education and economy I would bring to
the 60th District to help improve our working and middle class."

Find out more about Dennis' campaign at
http://votespisak.tripod.com where you can also volunteer and
donate to the campaign.

Join the Green Party of Ohio's efforts to help Dennis get on the
ballot by gathering signatures

with us in the Youngstown area on Saturday, February 23rd. Contact
the Spisak campaign through the website for further details.