News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Block Watches in Decline

Started by jay, July 09, 2007, 09:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Thanks for wanting to replace the trees along the boulevard. 

tm

I live on Euclid Boulevard and am very active in the neighborhood group there.  I can assure you that the houses on Euclid and Rush are NOT up for sale due to crime issues.  In fact, we have very little crime here.

The majority of the vacant houses are foreclosures, thanks to the sub-prime mortgage lenders.  Some of the others have relocated for jobs out of state.  The house that was up for auction was owned by a YSU professor who took a very prestigious position in Washington DC.  The housing market is terrible everywhere.

It hurt to read that people have the impression that this is a high crime neighborhood.  It is actually one of the last beautiful old neighborhoods in Youngstown, where many wonderful people live and look out for one another.  We have many people who could afford to live anywhere in the area but choose to remain here.         

Maggy

Jay,

Two have their homes up for sale, but one is not leaving the ward or city!

Towntalk

Add the East Side to that Jay.

I use to live on the East Side, and when I moved there, it was really nice, and a person didn't have to worry about walking to church and enjoying Lincoln Park, but today it's a war zone, and I wouldn't set foot on that side of town for any reason. It started it's major decline in 1980 and has been going down further ever since, and no one seems to care.

As to what I said about talk radio remember that it's the only way we can be heard, otherwise City Hall couldn't care less. The one thing that I've found is that when the pressure is put on the officials by the talk shows and the pressure is strong enough, they will respond, but if the public, and that includes everyone here, won't take the time and effort to speak up where it really counts, why vent your spleen here. Do you seriously think that the politicians in office even bother coming to this web site?

They are though, extremely sensitive to what is said on talk radio.

jay

As more and more of the good people leave the city, income tax revenues will decline and needed city services will have to be reduced.  It is a desperate situation on the south side. 

jay

Also on the south side, the home of a former candidate for city council is also for sale. 

Micky

A person can only take so much.  If their area is rapidly declining, it's probably best that they get out while they can.  The good residents around here have had enough of living in their own prisons.

The worst part is that when the subhumans have totally destroyed this city, they'll move to the outlying areas and begin their destruction all over again.

Mary

We have family that lives on midlothian and Euclid. I can not believe the number of homes that are up for sale on Rush, Euclid and the side streets. I know Burgan was auctioning one off this week. Crime willl do that to an area though.

Towntalk

Can you really blame them? Would you live in an area where you have to fear for the safety of your family?

jay

Some prominent members of south side block watches have recently placed their homes up for sale.