News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Cold Hard Election Facts

Started by Towntalk, May 10, 2015, 07:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I'm an independent, so I have NO political affiliation with EITHER party, but then
that makes easy to bash them BOTH when they deserve it.

I've said time and time again that the Republican leadership around Youngstown
and vicinity is a JOKE - and that people would, and will vote Republican if they
can just find some good, decent, exlerienced people with a track record to prove it
and then and then ACTIVELY campaign to get them elected to office.

Republicans only have themselves and their lack of action, motivation to blame.

Take Mr. Meacham(sp?) for example....eminently qualified for his office and with
a good track record to prove it....and it looks like he is "cleaning house" in the
Auditor's office.  GOOD for him and hats off.

Living proof that Republican candidates CAN get elected in Youngstown.

iwasthere

iwasthere would have to give up my job as a teacher in the ytown school district to run for the ytown board of education. tt, thxs for the words of encouragement I appreciate that support.

Towntalk

I would like to see iwasthere run for some office here in Youngstown UNDER THE BANNER OF THE GREEN PARTY. He has all the qualifications for the Board of Education and you could be his campaign manager my friend. [This is not a joke. I'm SERIOUS.]

Irishbobcat

You simply have to run candidates in the fall.....As long as there are no candidates other than Democrats in November why should people not register as Democrats?

I believe the GOP in the valley might be surprised at the number of votes they would start to gather if they ran qualified candidates...as well as the Green Party....

Towntalk

There are some people around here who complain about the fact that there is no real competition around Youngstown party wise. The COLD HARD FACT IS THAT:
1. There are only 906 regestered Republicans
2. There are 31,416 regestered as Independants or other smaller parties such as Green Party, Libertarian etc.
SO HOW DO YOU PROPOSE TO CONVINCE THE 31,416 PEOPLE TO CHANGE THEIR PARTY TO REPUBLICAN SO THAT WE CAN BREAK THE STRANGLE HOLD OF THE DEMOCRATS HERE?