News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Issues with the forum

Started by ForumManager, January 29, 2015, 09:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you having trouble using this forum?  If yes, Please specify in the forum thread.

Yes
2 (33.3%)
No
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 13, 2015, 04:42:35 PM

ForumManager

Al I can say is I'm sorry.  I've tried everything possible. Should I close the forum?

jay

I recently met a Forum member who stated that he couldn't log on to leave a message that he was also having problems with the Forum.

Towntalk

Has anyone noticed that there have been fewer visitors since these problems started? And fewer logging in?

jay

ForumManager

sfc_oliver

I haven't had any problem at all, of course I'm not here as much as many of you.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

jay

I'm still having problems staying on or sometimes getting on the Forum.

:'(

ForumManager

Good to hear... maybe the issue has resolved.... hoping.

jay

I was on the Forum for about 10 minutes this morning and everything seemed to work OK for me.  We'll see if it works later.

Towntalk

Since switching from my former ISP which was dial up and getting TW I was able to download thousands of songs with no problems and as I said, none of the other web sites have given me any trouble. As for this site it seems that when I do have trouble getting in, it's a timing issue. By the way, if you would like me to burn you some CD's of music let me know via personal message.

ForumManager

I don't know what Jay uses.  I used to have TW  and I was always having connection issues. I complained constantly... finally it was resolved - it was too many customers on my node. They had to do something to increase the signal.   But that doesn't explain a sudden change in your connection  with only this site.  I will continue to look into it.  I hope everyone continues to report their issues.

Towntalk

My ISP is Time Warner Roadrunner.

ForumManager

I have a vista home computer here and it also connects fine.  Jay is also having issues. I am also wondering if it could be Internet Service Related.  Some ISPs are now blocking certain aspects of internet usage.  According to Google   "dot info" sites are usually not good sites.   I guess google statistics show that dot info sites are usually spam sites. I didn't realize that many years ago when I set up the site name.

The question is... why did this start recently?  It seems new. That is the mystery.

Towntalk

I wish to thank you for your patience, and My friend has suggested that possably some of the problem may be on this end due in no small part to the fact that my computer is older than dirt, and my operating system is just as old (Vista Home Basic).