News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown Steel Heritage Open House June 7

Started by Rick Rowlands, June 01, 2014, 12:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

great information. Now irishbobcat can't rap you because you are walking the walk while he and BG are simply talking the talk, and while I respect Dennis and always will, I have nothing but contempt for BG and his comrades especially old lady susie and her old man.

Rick Rowlands

I did a test run today of the setup with all the lights on that we will be using tomorrow.  With full sun we stayed at over 90% battery charge all day.   On cloudy days it has trouble keeping up though.  It will be interesting to see what happens over the winter, because not only do the panels produce less energy but the batteries store less power when cold.  I am set up so that a small generator can supplement what the panels do not produce.  Our property is also fairly windy at times so I may even install a small windmill to help out.

Yeah I really am glad I put in this system.  I am learning a lot about the benefits and limitations of alternative energy, and it will be a great teaching tool.

AllanY2525

Congrats on the solar power setup, Rick.....nice to see you putting your money where
others only put their mouths....

:)

Rick Rowlands

The Youngstown Steel Heritage Museum's spring open house will be on Saturday, June 7 from 10 am to 4 pm at 2261 Hubbard Road in Youngstown.  Come see our new solar installation in action!  (I hope its sunny next Saturday!)