News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

5 Minutes With The Mayor - Tuesday, April 15

Started by jay, April 14, 2014, 09:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Peggy Gurney

Thank you!  You have a great day too. 

I've only recently learned that WKBN had a radio show, probably because I'm not a big radio listener either, unless I'm in the car.
Louie's show is convenient because I can listen at my computer, but I don't listen every day, as I don't like some of his guests/topics either.
I'll have to give WKBN a listen sometime too.   :)

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Peggy, I was referring to 570 WKBN - AM Radio and their talkers -- Mike, Dan and Ron. Now I admit that I'm just a wee bit biased towards 570 WKBN.
I don't listen to louie but that's personal preference, but I have seen video clips on the Vindy web site and wasn't too impressed by some of his topics. Some say that I should be loyal to the folks who put the bread on my table for 22 years (The Vindicator), but that was then and this is now.
Have a wonderful day, and I sincerely hope everything works out for you and your family

Peggy Gurney

Of course a TV show has a larger outreach, that's a given.

Radio talk show's reach people who are not regular TV watchers. And I think that Louie's show gets as many listeners as any radio program does. It is very popular, at least locally.  I have been on his show several times to talk about Autism awareness, and always had a large response.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

I shouldn't think that he needs a large crown at each and every one of these events. Could it be that we should take a wait and see on how well he communicates with the public via talk radio? I personally think that he should be a guest each month on one of WKBN's talk shows for an hour, and then we can take a better measure of how he's doing as Mayor. I know that there are those here that think that Louie Free's show is that cats meow, but it doesn't have the coverage or the audience that WKBN's talkers have on a regular basis.

jay

I've heard that fewer people are showing up to speak with the mayor.

Peggy Gurney

I've had a few talks with the Mayor, and he has listened and responded to my suggestions very quickly.
I have more faith in him than I ever did Sammarone.

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Brevity in all matters great and small is the hallmark of a profoundly wise and educated person, and the quintessential quality of a true leader of men.
Far be it from me to set myself up in any position of leadership, or for that matter imply that I am the quintessential leader that some would cast me as, but in all humility, over the years I have been blessed by having friends in high and lofty places in society to whom I could and can turn, so casting aside any implication that I am anything other than my humble self, I bid you good day, as I go forward to meditate on how wonderful it is to be so perfectly humble and modest, to the point of saintliness.

PD

Come prepared with a detailed list of all your concerns. He will get his staff working on immediate problems the next day. He does not mess around when it comes to complaints
You don't have to sit and talk to someone for hours to get your point across
Give a specific detailed reports and request a follow up report within a month

Towntalk

Actually Jay, to be absolutely honest and truthful about it, I have a very good friend of long standing who has the Mayor's ear 24/7 without any 5 minute time limits who carries my thoughts to His Honor for me, and his (my esteemed friend) words carry more weight per word than mine could ever carry. In point of fact, my esteemed friend of very long standing has been known to place time limits on His Honor using his own stop watch, so you see, my friend you aren't dealing with some little cabbage worm crawling around the cabbage patch called Youngstown.

jay

If anyone has so much to tell the mayor,  just come to 5-Minutes With The Mayor each month.  The important thing is to show up and participate.

iwasthere

Towntalk

I could write it out and when I went in to see the Mayor, I'd just say "Howdy bub..." and plop down my 10,000 page comment on his desk along with a large bucket of KFC chicken and a super size Coke and a pound of French Fries, "Enjoy bub..."

iwasthere

You and I can ride the buckeye inbound bus at six forty pm.to see the mayor then dinner. ;D

Towntalk

I guarintee you that 5 minutes would not be long enough for me to tell the Mayor, what's on my mind ... not by the hair on your chinny chin cnin it isn't. He'd have to send out for breakfast, dinner and supper while I told him what"s praying on my mind.

jay

5 Minutes with the Mayor of Youngstown

Tuesday, April 15, 5:00 p.m.

- Location -
Mayor's Office
First Floor
Youngstown City Hall
26 S. Phelps Street
Downtown Youngstown

Come and tell the mayor what is on your mind! Your 5 minutes of time with Mayor McNally is on a first come, first serve basis.