News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"The Point, Buckeye Park and The 7th Ward"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, January 02, 2014, 08:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

The 7th ward and the Landbank (county) are moving right along.  I'm beginning to see Youngstown falling in lockstep with the excitement of a new educated leader.  Councilman Swierz and the 7th ward have their meeting tonight and I was just e-mailed by the County Landbank that we have a meeting at 10:30 tomorrow to discuss the transfer of the old Point property to the City.
I think we should deconstruct the Point buildings and salvage and recycle the material.  I wonder if the 7th ward have manpower to help? 

Youngstownshrimp

Towntalk

Youngstownshrimp

If the 7th ward desires a beautification project, these houses are a perfect candidate for the Landbank demolition.

Towntalk

I've tossed out there my idea for whatever it's worth, but I know that whatever the end result is that you and John will come up with something that is fantastic and a real benefit both for the 7th Ward as well as Youngstown.

Youngstownshrimp

TT,
I have to tell you, it is SOLELY because of Councilman Swierz that this project has any hope of moving off this site even.  I've known John for many years, we have had our disagreements, but I beleive he has evolved and so have I to be better educated and both being Veterans, we have a bond. 
That being said, I really don't know who from the 7th Ward is helping him with this, but I would be very disappointed if some I know on this blog, in the past and present, are not lifting their arms as much as they have smacked their lips on this site.

Towntalk

Great news Ron. Too bad our so-called city leaders don't take some well needed lessons from people like you and Rick.

Youngstownshrimp

This project is moving forward, stay tuned.

Towntalk

I'm suprised that we haven't heard from Kennyjoe on this since he is in the 7th Ward.

Youngstownshrimp

Discussion today with leader of Ward.  Great input Alan.

AllanY2525

I think a park would be great there....easy to enter and exit with two streets coming
to the point.    Small outdoor amphitheater could be great during the warm weather
months.

How about a small ice skating venue for the cold weather months, with some
type of heated pavilion(?). It could be drained during warm weather and be used
as a basketball court(?)

Youngstownshrimp

Allan, and Rick, like to hear your input on this potential?

Towntalk

With no offense intended for my friends on the West Side, I'm getting sick and tired of seeing that part of town getting so much attention to the exclusion of other wards.
As I pointed out, the Point and Buckeye Park would make for a wonderful entertainment location (see photos) with a Pavilion on the Point and a small amphitheater in Buckeye Park, and because it would be done by the private sector it would be a true savings to the city.
I can tell you this without the least hesitation, that if that project were to be located here on the North Side we would be on it like a pride of hungry Lions going after a meal, and wouldn't let anyone stand in our way ... NO ONE!

Youngstownshrimp

Not going to sweep this one under the rug..............

Youngstownshrimp

Just noticed the Rocky Ridge article and see how this group is very productive and seems to have vision, what kind of group is active in the 7th Ward?
Also, like to point out that if you count out the lots of the Point, beginning at the point, the first and counting back 8 lots, this real estate is very valuable to the free market.  For future speculation, investors hold property. especially with the traffic count and entrance to the City.
I do not believe many in our area can see the value and potential of that Point with the Buckey park for future development.