News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Events Question

Started by Towntalk, December 12, 2013, 09:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

For my part, I would be prepared to see an Andre Rieu concert, but it would mean saving up for it and getting the least expensive seat in the house. Other than that, I can't attend these shows. The last show i saw was Paul Anka a number of years ago at Powers, and another when Powers booked in Red Skelton.

jay

I also like the Morley Pavilion.   

I really don't follow national entertainers.  I don't watch award shows because I don't know who these people are anymore.

Billy Mumphrey

I stick to the free concerts at the Morley.

Towntalk

Of all the large venues that we have here in Youngstown  ... Stambaugh Auditorium ... Powers Auditorium ... Covelli Center and for summer concerts the Morley Pavilion, one would think that we'd have a wider array of entertainment brought in each year, but one of the driving forces it seems to me is the ticket prices for these events.
The question arises is just how much are our folks prepared to spend on these larger events with nationally known performers over a years time?
Remember that when these performers go on tour they have a huge expense that must be paid for, plus the venue also has it's own share of expenses that must be accounted for in pricing tickets, which explains why there are so few concerts here.
With all this in mind, just how many of these events would you be prepared to attend over a years period of time, assuming that the events are top shelf shows, and just who would you like to see brought here for a concert?