News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidates' Forum (North Side) - Monday, April 22

Started by jay, April 21, 2013, 06:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

i agree with tt that these debates are one sided and self serving for special interest grps. i would not vote for jm or tb but the main thrusts of these debates to make jm look bad in the voters's eyes. the panelists at theses debates never questioned tb on the mycap scandle when he looked the other way when the mycap director, mr. roller was using state and federal funds to winterized his home. demain kitchen put a motion on the table to put roller on administrative leave but kitchen did not receive one vote from any mycap board members including tito brown. the state auditor strongly suggest ALL board members take an intensive course in board management. tt no one asked tito brn about this matter.

Towntalk

Never even entered my mind, not even as an afterthought.

I agree that the dimwits that set up these debates are (pardon the expression) bloody fools looking out for their own self interest and not best interest of the vast majority of Youngstowners, ie. the people that work at real jobs, and pay real taxes. These organizers know bloody well that if the real working Youngstowners attended those sessions that their candidates would flat out loose, and people would be put into office that really know what they are about.

iwasthere

tt you cannot blame the politicians for the time of these debates. the organizations are responsible for the time. tt sundays and saturdays afternoons are excellent days and times. sammorone statement might be a different feather but i could not let you make sammorone look like an ideal civic leader.

iwasthere

tt you cannot blame the politicians for the time of these debates. the organizations are responsible for the time. tt sundays and saturdays afternoons are excellent days and times.

Towntalk

That is a horse of a different feather, but I still say that having these forums on Mondays at 6:00 is stupid to the extreme, an outrage beyond all measure. They might suit some folks that nothing better to do, but for most folks who do, it's a hard slap in the face by the politicians that don't care a bit about the real folks that pay the taxes that puts food on their tables, pays their bills, and cloths on their backs!

iwasthere

tt you give too much leeaway for this mayor. he has gone on record that he will not attend these meetings whether he has the time or not. he must be replace by people who will take the poc position, seriously.

Towntalk

Is it possable that as Mayor, he has more important things to do? These 6:00 PM forums are absolutely stupid from the word go, as I have already pointed out, but which some folks seem to ignore. If they were held on a Sunday afternoon say from 3:00 to 6:00 pm then it would be more convient for everyone.

jay

Reports indicate that candidate Sammarone failed to show up for this candidates' forum.  He also failed to show up at the forum recently held at New Bethel Baptist Church.

Towntalk

Why are all these events being held at 6:00 pm when so many folks are just having supper or just getting off work and on their way home? It's no wonder why so few attend them. Were they held on a Sunday afternoon more people would be able to attend. This is absolutely silly and non-productive to educating the bulk of the voters. It's no wonder why so many bad choices are made in the folks we put in office.

jay

Youngstown Candidates' Forum

Monday, April 22, 6:00 p.m.

Mayors Race
President of Council Race
Issue 1

- Location -
Union Baptist Church
528 Lincoln Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio