News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

An idea

Started by Towntalk, June 27, 2006, 09:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

The new station will be known as MY YTV. It's suppose to go on the air in September 5.

Having a huge window between the studio and The Bean Counter should help bring in business.

As I Understand it, the two stations will have seperate programming. MY YTV will have a 10:00 news program seven days a week.

The great news though is the fact that Chelsea Broadcasting Compant will be footing 100% of the costs for the new station. Chelsea is the parent company of WYTV.

Towntalk

That's WYTV. Channel 33. The new station will have it's studio in the Realty Building on the main floor, and their transmitter will be at the Shady Run site. I don't know what the Call letters or Channel number that this new station will use.

As I understand the press release, the customers in The Bean Counter will be able to see the studio, but those walking down Federal will not be able to see it unless the station makes further changes.

I read the press release at The Business Journal web site..

Leah

I think they one of the local stations does plan on having a set up where passers-by can watch through the window.  I can't remember where I read this.  But it was going to be accross from the bean counter, where the new condos are supposed to go.  I thought that was a great idea myself, when I first heard about it.

AllanY2525

Fox morning news does the same thing in New York.

:)

jay

I would like to see the new station invite people to stand on Federal Plaza outside the station much like what happens on the Today Show.  If they mingle with the people, the crowds will love it.   This outside audience might even eat breakfast downtown and help the restaurants.

Towntalk

Wouldn't it be nice if WYTV at their new studios downtown would have a traveling sign outside with news headlines and messages?

Back when WBBW had it's studios in the Warner Theater Building, they had such a sign on the Central Tower Building.

They could even make a buck promoting downtown events.