News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

00:00 = Cash Cow

Started by jay, May 12, 2012, 05:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

I guess the driver is not part of the 99 percent nor the 47 percent.....

jay

The driver of this car could probably pay the parking ticket with pocket change.
;D

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on September 03, 2012, 06:17:21 PM
The big mistake was the asinine decision by the City to entice a call center to move in downtown without making provisions for parking for them.

The city did make provisions for parking.  The employees just didn't like them, and found a loophole in free parking, which ruined it for everyone else who wants/needs free parking in that one block between the Central Square and Phelps St.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

And I go where I can get the biggest bang for my buck ... my biggest loyality is to my wallet, and until someone calls me up and says that they will pick me up and take me to a place where I can get things cheaper than what I'm paying now then I'll continue as I have for lo these 50 years thank you ever so much.

Rick Rowlands

I think the only downtown business that I frequent is Cafe Cimmento, and a large part of that is because there is a relatively large amount of on street parking in the evenings when we go there.  Occasionally I have to drop by Youngstown Nation, and it is a real PITA.  First of all, I can't even think of going downtown with my truck, so I have to be driving my wife's jeep.  Secondly, even with the Jeep its nearly impossible to find a spot.  Now third is that I have to make sure I have change with me. UGH!

Anyways, downtown isn't the end all and be all of life in the MV.  I dispute the notion espoused by some that only downtown is worth anything, and the outlying parts of the MV aren't worth a damn.

sfc_oliver

There are at least 3 fine dinning restaurants within 4 miles of the house, I can be at Payless shoes in about 15 minutes, just as long as it takes me to get downtown. takes 7 minutes to get to Giant Eagle and a Dollar General. There is nothing that I "NEED" down town other than the few times I have Government or Veterans Business......

I used to drop in on Thursdays for lunch, but that wasn't because I really wanted to eat downtown....
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

:) ;D :laugh:  Oh so true Rick  :laugh: ;D :)

I buy my shoes at a shoe store in the Liberty Plaza ... I shop at Walmart ... I buy 95% of my groceries at the Churchill Commons Giant Eagle ... my medications at Giant Eagle ... Mail my letters and packages at Giant Eagle and when I do dine out which is rare I dine at restaurants on Belmont Avenue. I even get my dry cleaning done at the Churchill Commons Giant Eagle and my hair done at a salon in the Churchill Commons Giant Eagle Plaza.

I have but one loyality and that is to my wallet.

Rick Rowlands

The big mistake was the asinine decision by the City to entice a call center to move in downtown without making provisions for parking for them.

Rick Rowlands

We can eat at MVR, get shoes at Walmart or the mall, and candy from Giant Eagle and live longer since we avoid the aggravation of trying to park our car!

iwasthere

Quote from: kenneyjoe330 on September 03, 2012, 12:50:18 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about Willis  ??? I am not so much afraid of sleeping giants as I of FLYING MONKIES  :o Just tell me it's ok to park on Wood Street and I will TRY to be good  :laugh:
you cn prk on wood st as long as you tip one of the one eye bandits.

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on September 03, 2012, 01:48:29 PM
I noticed this as I drove through last Monday. And I thought to myself, "What do I need downtown?"
a good it dinner at robertos, shoes at connections, desert at lg, nitecap at v2 and some ole fashion candy from circle the moon.

sfc_oliver

I noticed this as I drove through last Monday. And I thought to myself, "What do I need downtown?"
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

kenneyjoe330

I have no idea what you are talking about Willis  ??? I am not so much afraid of sleeping giants as I of FLYING MONKIES  :o Just tell me it's ok to park on Wood Street and I will TRY to be good  :laugh:

iwasthere

kj do not wake up sleeping giant. it can be dangerous.

kenneyjoe330

Try parking on Wood Street.   I did the other day and found out that the third meter - heading West in front of First Presbyterian Church would not take my money  :(  it was all jamed up  :'(   If I had gotten a ticket you would have heard me yelling on the West Side and would have woken up Jay from his nap.  :laugh:   I usually park accorss from the Board of Education but ALL the spaces were taken  :o  on the West end of Wood (WOW)