News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Looks About The Same

Started by jay, April 26, 2012, 08:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on April 27, 2012, 08:57:19 AM
Why isn't the Hardie board taken all the way to the roof? If the finished product looks like the photo it looks like ... well it looks stupid.

I guess, because that's the original terracotta.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Why isn't the Hardie board taken all the way to the roof? If the finished product looks like the photo it looks like ... well it looks stupid.

northside lurker

It's now Hardie Board--a fiber cement product--instead of vinyl.  What I haven't seen yet, (not because they aren't done, but because I haven't looked) is how they finished the arched-top windows.

IMO, the design review committee made a mistake when they approved the design. (I saw a copy of the original sketch)  But, they DID approve the design.  So, we have to live with it.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

A story appeared in the newspaper this week explaining that vinyl siding on a West Federal Street building needed to be removed because it did not meet a design review standard.

This is how the exterior of the building looked in June of 2011.

Workers were applying a new exterior today.
See photo below.
It looks just about the same as it did in June of 2011.