News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Suggestions welcome

Started by Towntalk, August 09, 2011, 09:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i like both trad and cont. i have no opinion on question two. i like the Vienna choirboys from Vienna, Austria. i bought their CD when they performed at the power's auditorium several years ago. another choir is the American boys choir out of albany, NY.

joly1584

I like the group "Straight, No Chaser".  It is a group of 10 men that sing acapella.  They do traditional, religious songs, like Silent Night, in the traditional manner.  They put  a fun new twist on songs like Twelve Days of Christmas.  There song and video of "Who Spiked The Eggnog" is great.

northside lurker

1. I prefer traditional, from the 1940's-1960's.  I'm not as much a fan of the very traditional, like Oh Tannenbaum, for example.
2. They're OK.  I don't mind listening to them. (although Manheim Steamroller, with their synthesizers, is starting to sound really dated, IMO)
3. Bing Crosby.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

This afternoon I was sifting through my music library for music to make up an all Christmas CD to send to my family and would like your views on the following questions as to your preferences.

1.   Do you prefer traditional or contemporary performances?
2.   What is your opinion of the Christmas music of the Trans Siberian Orchestra and Mannheim Steamroller?
3.   Of all the artists and orchestras that have made Christmas albums who is your favorite?

I know that it's a little early to bring up Christmas but really it takes time to put a CD together