News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Passenger Train Service

Started by Towntalk, June 15, 2011, 06:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I recently spoke with two people who live in Lowellville.  Both were very happy to hear that a station stop might be in their city.

mrniles266

??? I always liked the idea of train service to Pittsburgh. I will defer to All Aboard Ohio. They have some ideas to include Cleveland, Mahoning Valley, and Pittsburgh. Lack of an interested Governor, $$$, will to do it,  lack of a push by Local Government, and Eastgate, to really get involved. It would be nice to have the trains come through at least every couple of hours. Maybe a local, making all stops. An express, making less stops. A super express, making very few stops. What do you think? ???

Towntalk

Actually I do too Dennis, the folks at city hall are great on talk, but sorely lacking on action unless there's something in it for them.

This seems to be where everyone's attention is these days,

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/jun/16/race-is-on-for-valley-track/

irishbobcat

I agree with Jay.......

Having attended many meetings as a Green Party member.....no one from Y-Town city hall ever came to a meeting.....

I never even saw Bob Hagan at such a meeting as well.......

jay

Maybe it's also the lack of interest by the city administration.
The All Aboard Ohio group met in Youngstown several times over the last half year.  Not one Youngstown elected official or city representative ever attended the meetings.

Towntalk

What does Lowellville have to offer ... a shanty with an outhouse  ;D  ???

jay

Maybe it's because Youngstown sold its train station.  It is now a brewery.

Towntalk