News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Support Our West Side Restaurants In This Time Of Crisis

Started by jay, March 15, 2020, 09:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazz218

The primary purpose of the restrictive measures being taken in Ohio is to stop the potential for a spike in cases that will exceed the capacity of the healthcare system. if not addressed as such, new cases will continue to occur, more and more people will need medical care and/or hospitalization, and eventually, as is currently occurring in Italy, decisions may need to be made on who receives medical care and who does not. Accordingly, on who lives and who dies. Do you think that is ridiculous also?

I applaud Gov. DeWine and the ODH Director for being proactive in this regard, and for protecting our well-being, whether simple-minded people like you appreciate it or not. Maybe you are healthy and at a low risk for serious complications, but some of the people that you may subsequently infect may not be. We all need to be smart about this!

Also, your math is off. Using your numbers it is actually 0.04%. (Divide and then move the decimal two places to the right)

Why?Town

What if I have it but don't know it yet and I end up getting it on the money that I hand over for the food I'm picking up? The next person picking up their food could then get it either from the bag of food that was touched by the  person I just gave money to, or even worse they end up with the money I paid as their change.

FWIW, I'm not trying to scare anyone. I know any chances of that are pretty slim to none.

I just think putting everyone's whole life on hold to stop something that's effected .0004% of the US population in roughly 3 months is ridiculous. I got that % by 135,000 cases divided by 327,000,000 USA population.

Saturday I spent 6 hours at a memorial event for a friend. There were at least 150 people, if not more, and a ton of excellent (mostly Irish style) food on the buffet table.

If any of that causes me to have coronavirus I'll let everyone know, just to show that I was mistaken, not as an attempt to get some "Oh the humanities!!!"

jay

Ohio's response to the coronavirus now includes the closing of dine-in restaurants.

I've heard that restaurants may still serve take-out orders.

Consider purchasing some take-out meals this week from our west side restaurants.  Help keep our restaurants' employees working.