News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mayor Williams Goes To Washington?

Started by Towntalk, October 10, 2010, 01:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

I'll allow Mayor Williams to stand on his own record, but really, do we need another overpaid Czar in Washington?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

AllanY2525

Wow... Chuck Sammarone was the vice principal when I graduated from Rayen ...

Needless to say,  Mayor Williams leaves a lot of things un-finished as he exits the city.
The Youngstown 2010 Plan was a great idea that got off to a good start, and then fizzled
out.

Anthony Kobach had some great ideas, etc.. but then he left...  It will be interesting to
see what Chuck Sammarone will do with the two years in the Mayor's office that have just
been handed to him - without an election by the citizens of Youngstown.

LOL

ysugrad

Quote from: Towntalk on July 06, 2011, 12:08:07 PM
Judging by the comments on the Vindy article, some are glad to see Jay go.

Jay Williams will join Obama administration as auto czar

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/jul/06/jay-williams-will-join-obama-administration-auto-c/

The comments on Vindy.com, like most message boards, always skew negative.  I don't know whether Mayor Williams was the most qualified candidate for his new position, but I have no doubt that he'll do a good job, just as I feel he's performed well as Mayor.  The people who are glad to see him go were probably also glad to see McKelvey go, and Ungaro before him, and will be happy to see Mayor-designate Sammarone go and whoever Sammarone's successor is go.  There's just no pleasing some people.

Towntalk

Judging by the comments on the Vindy article, some are glad to see Jay go.

Jay Williams will join Obama administration as auto czar

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/jul/06/jay-williams-will-join-obama-administration-auto-c/

Towntalk

It appears that Youngstown Mayor Jay Williams will be appointed as the Head of the Office of Recovery for Autoworkers and Communities sometime today.

According to the Detroit News, the official announcement is expected to take place at a former GM auto factory in Flint, Michigan today by Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis.

Valley Congressman Tim Ryan is already congratulating Williams on the appointment. "President Obama has picked an incredibly talented, ethical and hardworking public servant," Ryan said. 

"Mayor Williams skills and insights have been instrumental in taking Youngstown from a tired, old industrial city to an exciting and vibrant city poised to build on its reputation as one of the top ten best cities in America to start a business.  His appointment to this high ranking position brings great dignity and honor to our Valley," Ryan added.

Congressman Ryan also said that while he's sorry to see Youngstown lose Mayor Williams' leadership, he wishes him the best.

According to the Detroit News, Williams is expected to resign his post as Youngstown Mayor and begin his new position in August.

Source: WKBN 27 News

jay

Towntalk

ytowner

Who will be the next mayor WHEN he takes the job??

Towntalk

Note:

This is a Page One story in today's (October 10) Vindicator.