News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Will Youngstown Have A Labor Day Parade?

Started by jay, August 05, 2009, 06:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

jrs chill out ;) we the Bolsheviks will have plenty of candy to throw out to crowd. the candy is locally made with union hands.

jay

Rushblvd

jay

Maybe on Labor Day I'll just walk around my neighborhood wearing my work clothes.

A One Man Parade

8)

john r. swierz

Thats unfair! As for Lansingville, are you and your group willing to come up with the funding for the 
      insurance? It cost $360 for the 4th parade.   As for both parades to my knowledge no one from the
      Labor unions has come to the city or the Block Watch saying that they will be part of a
      parade.  FNY started sending out apps for the  Holiday Parade in July.             

irishbobcat

So Youngstown and Lansingville doesn't want a Labor Day Parade to honor it's
forefathers and former residents?   SAD!!!!!

john r. swierz

I don't know about that but it will have a Holiday parade on 12-5-09 followed by the tree lighting ceremonies

kenneyjoe330

:'( SORRY FOLKS  :'( BUT THE INSURANCE WAS ALL USED UP IN A FEW SHORT HOURS  ::) like water out of a spigot OR my wife at Wallies World  ::)
No Hot Dogs left either  :( the chips leftover will go to the 7WCC Picnic and there are a few cans of pop
Thanks to Skyler, My VP'S husband, we did have some foot stomping POLKA's (and Cotton Candy and Snow Cones too)
Maybe we can have the Bolshevik custom of a 'VETRA" or "Bonfire"  - talk about Insurance  :laugh:  ;D ;)

iwasthere

do not let iris find out about this parade. she will find some outdated ordinance outlawing a parade on this Bolshevik custom. :-X

irishbobcat

I think a Labor Day Parade thru Lansingville would be a great tradition.....following the route many of our forefathers took on their way down the hill to the sheet and tube and republic steel in the 40's,50's,60's, and 70's.......how many of our forefathers sat in Adams school looking out over the plants knowing that they would be working there in 6-10 years........

jay

That's a great idea.  I believe their insurance was good for more than one event during the year.

How about it Lansingville?

irishbobcat

Does Lansingville have any hot dogs and polkas left over?.....plus did they use up all their insurance?????/

jay

Will Youngstown hold a Labor Day Parade this year?