News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City Workers Destroy Tree Nursery

Started by jay, August 01, 2009, 08:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty river

Quote from: Shar on August 02, 2009, 02:18:24 PM
Irisbobcat...I would assume that if the neighbors complain about an empty lot that is completely overgrown and that lot is housing rodents and other vermin that the city would have an obligation to take the brush hog to it.  I don't really know.

It's the property owner's responsibility to maintain the lots and alleviate any rodent problems, not the city's. All parcels of land are owned by someone, even if they are vacant.

Shar

OK...I drove by and checked out that lot at the corner of Kensington and Broadway.  It looks to be pretty well maintained (not overgrown) and the trees that have been recently planted at the perimeter of the property are intact.  There is a patch in the center of the lot that looks as though it was cut down.  It is hard to imagine the it would have been the city that would go into the center of a lot that is maintained and cut down a small patch in the middle.   If that was the "tree nursery" in the center of the lot I wonder if someone else cut it for some reason??

Irisbobcat...I would assume that if the neighbors complain about an empty lot that is completely overgrown and that lot is housing rodents and other vermin that the city would have an obligation to take the brush hog to it.  I don't really know. 

Rick Rowlands

Hahahaha.  The funniest thing I've heard all day! 

They need to take that brush hog downtown and wipe out those trees lining west Federal.  Can't see the beautiful architecture due to the darn trees,

irishbobcat

If they are working on private property, I take it then they are working 24/7 365 days.....

Shar

Really??  A couple of weeks ago they had the brush hog out cutting on several lots that were completely overgrown.  I know that a couple of the lots behind me are private property and they were working back there.  I assumed that the city had the ability to do that?  Interesting.....

I agree that if they had no business there, they should replace the trees!! 

Shar

Was the grass being maintained on that lot or was it all overgrown?

irishbobcat

Here Here!  Fork over the money! Mayor!

jay

I received word that a City of Youngstown mowing crew recently brushhogged the Treez Please tree nursery at the corner of Broadway and Kensington on the north side of the city.  The lot, owned and maintained by Treez Please, served as a nursery for small trees which were to be later planted at various sites around the city.

If this story is accurate, I feel the City of Youngstown should reimburse Treez Please for their loss by paying to have the tree nursery  restocked.