News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Insurance Requirements Could Halt Youngstown Events

Started by jay, July 08, 2009, 05:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

the mayor was never showed up for the only 4th of july parade in ytown. i quess he was at his so called religious minister mentor's home in canfield, oh and i quess williams enjoyed the canfield's fourth of july parade and its fireworks.

john r. swierz

Jay, Council does not have the authority to do what you stated. The law Dept would do that, then go out for bids and Council would pass the legislation  authorizing the expediture.

jay

I heard something on the radio this week about a youth group having a parade in conjunction with their outdoor event.

I wonder if they know about the need for insurance?

john r. swierz

Iwasthere.........  I was there! I handed the parade permit to the law director and  she would not sign off on it even though the streets were only temporarily closed by a police cars.  No insurance, no parade. I do not know where Mr. Drennen got his info,I know what I was told and Iris knew that the Mayor might be in the parade. 

iwasthere

I WAS TOLD BY PAUL DRENNAN THE FIFTH WARD COUNCIL REP THAT GROUPS SUCH AS THE FALLEN OFFICIER BIKE RUN AND THE LANSINGVILLE PARADE ECT........... DO NOT NEED INSURANCE IF A CITY OFFICIAL IS PARTAKING IN THE PARADE. THE CITY REP CARRIES THE CITY WIDE INSURANCE POLICY WITH HIM/HER. DOES DRENNAN KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT IN THIS MATTER?

jay

The city law department's requirement for event insurance may put an end to some Youngstown events.  We all know about the problems with the Lansingville Parade.  Now the city is requiring special insurance for the Fallen Officers downtown party to be held this Sunday.

City council should craft insurance coverage that would cover all events throughout the year at a minimal cost for the sponsoring organization.  Groups can not afford to pay high premiums for a one day event.