News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mahoning Paint Gone

Started by Rick Rowlands, May 17, 2009, 08:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

do you think the mansfield paint company can open a satellite store in ytown?

Rick Rowlands

David,  I may have three new customers for you who were former Mahoning Paint customers, myself included.  We are not going to patronize the company that bought out Mahoning Paint.

jay

Mr. Wolf,

Thank you for telling us about your company.  I've taken the liberty of posting the Mansfield Paint Company's web address below.

www.mansfieldpaint.com

Elmo-Ytown

If anyone is looking for auto paint, there's a nice little shop on Midlothian, just east of Sheridan, next to the church.

David Wolf

I just recently heard that Mahoning Paint has gone out of business.  It is sad and unfortunately reflects the current economic times.  I understand how tough it is today for a local small business and paint manufacturer, being one myself.  That being said if anyone was a customer of Mahoning Paint and would like to stay with a local family run paint company I would be happy to talk about your needs.

David Wolf
Mansfield Paint Company
525 W. Liberty St.
Medina, OH 44256
330-725-2436

iwasthere

i am sure jay williams has a business that would step in and take over the mahoning paint facility. i have total confidence that the city will find another business to take over empty business spot.

jay

Rick

Thanks for buying locally and supporting Mahoning Paint while it was open.

Rick Rowlands

A friend called me yesterday to tell me that Mahoning Paint had been sold and everything is being moved to Indianapolis.  It had been locally owned since it was started in Youngstown in 1911.  Most likely it was purchased by a competitor wishing to eliminate the competition.  While its difficult to blame the owner for taking an offer he probably couldn't refuse, it is sad that another home grown business had to leave town.

They were our paint supplier and had formulated the right shade of Tod Engine green for us.  I don't know where I'll get the paint from now.