News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Message From Basia Adamczak – 7th Ward Council Person

Started by JoyceFarrell, December 11, 2016, 09:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyceFarrell

Until July 2008, SR 625 continued east via US 62, Glenwood Avenue, and Midlothian Boulevard, across Interstate 680 (I-680) and concurrent with SR 170 for a short distance before coming to an end where SR 170 turns off from Midlothian Boulevard onto Youngstown-Poland Road. In 2008, SR 625 was truncated to its current endpoint, and the portions of SR 625 along Glenwood Avenue and Midlothian Boulevard west of I-680 became an extension of SR 170.

JoyceFarrell

By the way Jay Midlothian Blvd. is a State road ... 170 so it would be the Responsibility of the state to plow the snow would it not?

Irishbobcat

SO they don't work or plow between 3pm and 11pm??????  Well, that's nice to know.......

JoyceFarrell

Snow Removal and Emergencies 330-744-3179 Weekdays, Operate two shifts 7 am to 3 pm and 11pm to 7am.When snowfall reaches at least one half inch, the Division of Streets begins plowing and salting main streets. Clearing of residential streets is determined by weather conditions and forecasts. Generally, an accumulation above two inches involves salting and plowing, and less accumulation involves salting only. The City has 1 salt barn.Snow routes priorities:

. Priority 1: Freeway system and All Primary Roads

• Priority 2: Secondary Streets inside the neighborhood

• Priority 3: Tertiary Streets/Rural Street inside the neighborhoods

• In the event of heavy snow storms, when the City of Youngstown plows residential streets, residents are asked to move their cars parked on the street off the street, if possible, to give plow trucks additional room to plow. When the City of Youngstown does plow residential streets:The goal is to make residential streets passable

• Plow trucks do not plow down to bare pavement on residential streets

• Residential streets typically are not plowed the entire curb-to-curb width

• On cul-de-sacs, plow trucks plow enough of the cul-de-sac "bulb" to allow vehicles to turn around, rather than go right to the cul-de-sac bulb curb

JoyceFarrell

How were the roads on the 6th Ward side of Midlothian Blvd., Glenwood Ave, or if you went onto the freeway how was it?

jay

FYI
The councilwoman's last name is spelled A-d-a-m-c-z-a-k.

jay

I consider E. Midlothian to be a major roadway on the south side of Youngstown.   Yesterday, around 3:00 p.m., I was driving west on E. Midlothian approaching South Avenue.  The road was a mess.  It had not been plowed nor treated with salt.

Irishbobcat

Is Basia just the puppet council person and John still wields the power behind the throne?

JoyceFarrell

Jay, for those of us who live here in the 7th Ward, we have no problems communicating with Basia, and we also have John to communicate with. I can not and will not speak for the other 6 wards, but there should be no reason for you to flood Basia with messages when you do not live in the 7th. On the other hand, there is no reason why I should pester the 4th; 5th; or any other Councilman about problems not in their Wards.

JoyceFarrell

Just looked out my window and saw all the snow. No plans to go out anywhere but would be ever so grateful if some of you kind folks in your travels could snap some photos and post them here to share with those of us who can't get out and about. And for your kindness we'll be thanking you.

jay

JoyceFarrell

As the snow begins to fall and the valley starts getting covered with a blanket of shimmery white, I ask for your patience and understanding with the city's diligence and efforts in snow plowing-- please, understand that main corridors take precedence, followed by other main roadways, then all secondary streets, including neighborhoods. We try to make sure that all streets are plowed within 48 Hours of snowfall. Also, as residents, let's be mindful & helpful by not parking along the street, so that we may plow thoroughly. Thank you for your understanding and enjoy this winter wonderland!