News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Did You Know About This? Youngstown Charter Review Commission

Started by jay, March 31, 2016, 05:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

The meeting is at 6:00 p.m. in the City Council Caucus Room.

jay

The first meeting of this Charter Review Commission will be Tuesday, April 19.

iwasthere

the majority of the people that are on this Review Committee are puppets of the mayor. the only 1 that I see that will make suggestions without fear of upsetting the mayor is amber beal.

Irishbobcat

Do you really think the mayor and council want reforms? They like the current rules that keep them warm, cozy, in power, and untouchable.....

jay

Mayor McNally already indicated to the commission that he doesn't want to see more than five issues addressed. 

There are over a dozen issues left over from the last Charter Review Commission.  Why limit the new commission?

iwasthere

Amber beil is the only one that has been really involved in city wide issues. the others are political appts. Maggie Lorenzi and Harry Meshel should have been appointed to this Commission they are well adversed on City issues that are governed by state
law and the city Charter. I would like to know why mayor McNally did not choose these two knowledgeable people.

jay

A story about the new Charter Review Commission appeared in the local newspaper today, April 1 (no joke).   The name of the Commission's seven members were listed.

Do these seven people attend city council meetings on a regular basis? 
They do not.

Without repeatedly witnessing the workings of city council, a Charter Review Committee member will not understand how poorly the council meetings are run.

iwasthere

Why have one when council in the past ignore d the previous charter review committee suggestions.

jay

I just learned that the City of Youngstown established another Charter Review Commission.

Did anyone know about this ahead of the Board's creation?

Why wasn't the average citizens given the opportunity to serve on the Charter Review Commission?