News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Plead Guilty and receive a slap on the wrist?

Started by Irishbobcat, February 27, 2016, 03:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Corruption in office is a betrayal of the people one is supposed to be serving and as such it is unacceptable....

That being said, I suspect the prosecutors did not have much to nail Mayor McNally with - otherwise they
never would have offered a plea for a couple of misdemeanors when he was originally charged with HOW
many felonies?

All of the news items I have read thus far stated that the prosecution had no recordings of McNally and that
he only has to cooperate with prosecutors for one year whereas the other defendant has to cooperate
indefinitely.  This makes me think that McNally did not have as much useful information for the prosecutors
as Sciortino.  Most likely, the felony charges were made to force him to cooperate so they could go after
other people that they REALLY want.

Not making any excuses for him, though... whatever involvement he may have had it is still unacceptable.
If he opposed the move from the east side to Oakhill for financial reasons (ie: $400K or so a year in rent
versus $62 K per MONTH rent at Oakhill) then he should publicly stated THIS reason for his opposition
to the move - and then LET IT BE AT THAT.

Youngstownshrimp

Irishbobcat

The light sentence that was given to the mayor is why Trump is winning......people are fed up with crooked politicians breaking laws and going scot free...I blame the entertainment
committee.....