News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

NOMA

Started by Rushblvd, December 21, 2015, 02:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

Yea - I saw that 'banner' and read the NOMA meaning.  I am not very fond of acronyms - they usually have a life of their own  :o  I already forgot what it means.  I would think everyone there has a Mother  :laugh:  Is it next door to NOPA  ??? or close to NOBRO or NOSIS  ;D

I don't know if this is true - maybe someone can tell me if the story is true.  It seems some ships somewhere were making deliveries to islands - someplace or other.  As these ships made their deliveries they took on manure.  They put this manure in the depths of the ship.  When the ship docket some place or other a sailor would take a smoke break and the ship would blow up.  It took a few blow ups to determine that the manure gases caused the blow ups.  So when they took manure they labeled it thus:  Store High In Transit and eventually it became the acronym SHIT.  Is this true  :-\

AllanY2525

I like "Wick Park Neighborhood" better.....

:)

Rushblvd

lol

cc4

They are the group that sponsored the Better Block when it was held on the north side.

There is a NOMA bike rack next to the kitchen incubator (Elm and Baldwin).

jay

jay

I thought NOMA was a manufacturer of Christmas lights.   ;D

northside lurker

Commonwealth, Inc. has renamed at least part of the Wick Park Neighborhood to NOMA, which is short for North Of Madison Avenue.  I believe these banners can also be found on Wick, Elm, and Fifth.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rushblvd

Thought this was interesting coming onto MLK Blvd. I only saw the one hanging..