News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

License Plate Fee

Started by Towntalk, May 20, 2015, 10:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: AllanY2525 on May 23, 2015, 03:26:44 AM

I think that all of city council should start playing ohio Lottery - and sign a contract
that if they hit it big, all the money goes to the city and the citizens of Youngstown.

(and yes, I am being silly too...)

;D :-X ;D :-X ;D :-X
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

AllanY2525

I think that all of city council should start playing ohio Lottery - and sign a contract
that if they hit it big, all the money goes to the city and the citizens of Youngstown.

(and yes, I am being silly too...)

;D :-X ;D :-X ;D :-X

iwasthere

SASHO SAID TEN MORE STREETS WILL BE PAVED WITH THESE ADDITIONAL MONIES FROM THIS INCREASE OF THE LICENSE TAX THAT IS ONE MORE ROAD THAT A YTOWN CITY REP CAN PAVED FOR THEIR RESIDENTS. ???

PD

I know.  I was being sarcastic also. That's my humor  8)

Towntalk

Calm down my friend, I was just having a little fun with Jay. Now if you were referring to Jay's post, that's a horse of a different color and your point was well taken. For me, I won't have to pay so much as a single penny one way or the other because (1) I don't have a car; and (2) I don't drive.

PD

You have been paying $5 a year since the 80's
To raise it to $10 a year would cost you 10 cents a week
The city will be able to do almost $400,000 more in streets each year
If your against it that's fine, don't complain about the streets anymore

Towntalk

THAT IS A FLAGRENT VIOLATION OF OUR CIVIL RIGHTS!  WE DEMAND THAT THE HIGHEST COURT IN THE LAND DEFEND US AGAINST THIS HIGHWAY ROBBERY! >:( >:( >:( :P :P :P >:( >:( >:(

jay

I guess we do not have a vote on whether to raise this tax.

AllanY2525

Don't feel too bad if the ordinance passes....in Fairfax Co. (suburban Virginia)
car owners have to pay a personal property tax on their car every time they
renew their tags...based on the value of the vehicle.

This is on top of the tag fees, and in some counties there is also a county
registration fee and an extra tag sticker, also.

A friend of mine once said of the tax "how many times do I have to buy
this car before it's paid for?"