News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Spaghetti Dinners May Help To Fund Charter Campaigns

Started by jay, August 20, 2014, 08:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

pd, i thought jrs voted for the adm at this meeting. you must attd the council meetiings or find someone that is a better source of info concerning ytown council meetings.

jay

I hope the group holds the spaghetti dinner on a WRTA bus route so that ALL of our Forum members will have the opportunity to attend.

Towntalk

PD as usual you are talking through your *** the vote was 3 for and 3 against with 1 not present
The vote to suspend council's rules and act on the charter amendment proposal would have required six affirmative votes. The vote was 3-3: with Gillam, Nathanial Pinkard, D-3rd, and Janet Tarpley, D-6th, against; and Ray, Drennen and John R. Swierz, D-7th, in favor. Councilman T.J. Rodgers, D-2nd, was absent. - See more at: http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/aug/21/council-approves-plan-for--wards/#sthash.QvosEL1l.dpuf

AllanY2525

I would look at the possibility of approaching ALL of the local media and asking them if
they would be willing to air the issue as a public service. Try PBS television stations in
the area - these are nonprofit stations paid for by public and private donations.

Talk radio would be willing to discuss the issue, I'm sure - which would cost nothing.

What about NPR, YSU radio stations?  B&O station and other local businesses that
have helped with the petition drive already?  (re: placement of signs, posters)

Add all of the above to printed flyers, yard signs, canvassing by volunteers, etc.
If Pig Iron Press is still open, stop by and see if the owner would be willing to help
with printed materials - I've used Pig Iron in the past and it was very cheap.

See who you can get to help for free first - then take it from there....using whatever
funds can be raised.  Maybe a couple of BINGO nights at some of the churches(?)

Towntalk

PD or whatever the **** your real name is, the only reason that I sound so ******* negative is because I don't happen to agree with you so is that a ******* crime? The truth be known, you have said absolutely nothing that could change my mind. In point of fact, all that you have accomplished since joining in the great debate is convince me that YOU aren't worth listening to. Your bullying tactics don't impress me in the least.

iwasthere

after tonight'-s council meeting  you can never wonder why ytown is losing pop and respect amg its residents and the outside world. this commitee can use yd signs for advertisement purposes.

PD

Wow. Town talk must have been a successful politician with all the good advice from the couch!! 
The group will raise as much as it can and out our hands up to negative people like you town talk
FYI TT. Your favorite council person Swierz voted no on this charter amendment, he will be in lawsuit with the rest

jay

There are no rich people or corporations pouring money into these charter ballot issues.  Everything will have to be done on a shoestring budget.

Towntalk

How is that going to raise the amount of money that would be required to run ads in the newspaper; on radio and on TV, or are they simply going to have  gross of fliers printed up and have volunteers distribute them house to house?

jay

Charter issue proponents may sponsor spaghetti dinners as a way to raise money to publicize these ballot initiatives.