News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

military funeral honors denied to a army veteran

Started by iwasthere, May 22, 2012, 11:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

There is no excuse for this. NONE.

But do allow me to clear up one misconception. A veteran does not get a 21 gun salute. They receive 3 volleys. 3 Volleys fired by 3 to 8 individual weapons.... So the number of shots is anywhere in between 9 and 24. Only Heads of State are required a 21 Gun salute...
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

kenneyjoe330

Excuse me jay - B.J.Allen setting fireworks in the city?  How about on the 4th of July AND the weeks leanding up to it.  Fireworks DAY and NIGHT for days and all over the city to boot ! ! !

Towntalk

Good point Jay, and how about during Memorial Day Ceremonies? It's not like they're firing live ammunition.

jay

Your cousin deserves all of the honors he earned.

Those running Shot Spotter could have been notified ahead of time that a 21 gun salute would take place at the front of the church.

Question
How do the police handle Shot Spotter reports when B.J. Alan sets off fireworks in the city???

iwasthere

i attended my cousin's funeral that was held at st patrick ch on OakHill ave the ss of ytown. my cousin's wife was told by the funeral directors that her husband cannot recieve a 21 gun salute due to the area where the ch is located in ytown. the police told the funeral directors people might retailate by shooting back or the spot shotters will malfunction. YTOWN IS COMING BACK.