News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Managing Deer In Youngstown

Started by jay, July 06, 2011, 06:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

What about the old Bow and Arrow  :laugh: or maybe "A Spear"  :o

jay

Some people have suggested hunting the deer but everyone knows that you are not allowed to discharge a firearm in the City of Youngstown.

;D  ;D  ;D

Rick Rowlands

Corral the deer into the fences of the housing projects and let the stray bullets take them out.

kenneyjoe330

Goly Gee Jay never thought of THAT  :o  I know deer have be seen last year on Homewood Avenue - that short section between Shirly Road and Indianola Avenue.  I also saw a deer near the now razed Jackson School - it was about 25 feet away and I rolled down the window and talked to her for about 5 minutes - once she heard enough of my B.S. she slowly ambled away - quite an experience for me!  I am sure we all know hunters who live in Youngstown that are very respectful of the hunting laws and the value of controlling the deer population - they should have a say in this - wouldn't you think ?   I will mention this to them and let them tell O'l John R. their opinion.  Talk about proactive !  You go Jay !!!  :laugh:

jay

As Youngstown becomes a city with large areas of vacant land, the deer population is expected to explode.  Deer will eventually cause damage to homeowner's gardens and flower beds.

What should be done to control the deer population in Youngstown?