News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

need police presence near Midlothian & Market St

Started by Dhyani, December 08, 2005, 08:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhyani

I live on Wilma Avenue and I feel there needs to be some sort of permanent police presence near the Market St. & Midlothian Blvd intersection.  I hear less gunshots since the BP station closed but there is still too much criminal activity.  A friend of mine told me that a friend of hers was pulled out of her car and beaten last week near Midlothian & Hillman (at the light on Midlothian Blvd).  I hear gunshots frequently.  Last week one evening I was sitting in Shelton Matthews (chocolate shop) and I saw four police cars speed onto my street.  They sat outside a house across from mine for an hour.  I would like to know what that was about.  When things happen like this, how can the residents of the area find out what happened.  I feel we all have a right to know.

Why doesn't the city mandate that some cops move into empty houses around this area?  There is one directly in back of my house on Elva.  It has been empty for years.  I think police should set up some sort of headquarters in the empty supermarket on Market & Midlothian.  The criminals should know that the cops are in the area.  It would certainly help!